This was the first time in the ten years Joe and I have known each other that we did Thanksgiving alone, with just our little family. Olive is only two weeks old so we decided to stay home and have our own party! I was thinking something small but Joe had bigger plans so we met in the middle I guess.
The kids made headdresses and talked about pilgrims and Indians.
Joe made a pecan pie from scratch... I was seriously impressed!!
Kaul was in charge of decorations and his "Happy Thanksgiving sign" was awesome!
The funniest part of the day was that when I told Henley she could be the Indian Princess, she put her regular dress ups on. Kaul found some skates and skated around the house all day. It was awesome!
We made all the same recipes our families make, we just didn't take into consideration there were only five of us eating and three would only have a couple bites.
This is what was left after we were all done, it basically looked like we hadn't touched anything.
My favorite was the place settings Kaul and Bleu made for the table.
